Programmed has been the Facility Management provider for Water Corporation of WA (WaterCorp) since 2006. This scope of services includes reactive, planned and preventive facility maintenance, asset management and property services for WaterCorp.
Services include electrical, plumbing, fire systems and building fabric maintenance, site inspection and audit, property services and a 24/7 Help Desk.
The services are delivered to 78 offices and depots in Perth metropolitan area and across regional WA (including Kalgoorlie, Esperance, Kununurra, Wyndham, the Pilbara, Exmouth, Bunbury and Busselton).
In addition to the contractual works, we provide minor capital building works such as building refurbishment, mechanical and electrical upgrades, asbestos management surveys and remediation, fire breaks and emergency preparedness and management services.
Programmed has a solid approach to vendor management, enabling us to service all regional and remote sites throughout WA effectively. Typically maintaining sites in these areas can be costly due to their remoteness, population size and availability of trades. We achieve greater value in these areas by using multi-skilled subcontractors and bundling services wherever possible. We manage 95 remote subcontractors and work with them to maintain their pre-qualification and build their businesses to be more sustainable and profitable.
In this partnership, we work with a range of First Nations-owned companies. This includes Meta Maya Environmental for asbestos testing and Thuroona Services, a Hazardous Materials and Waste Management business. Both are based in Perth and have delivered services across the state. We also work with NUDJ Plumbing, a provider of plumbing services in Broome.
Project Solution and Outcome
Programmed’s customer commitment is underpinned by our One Team service approach. Our strong culture of dedicated, consistent and responsive customer service aligns closely with WaterCorp’s customer service standards in their Code of Conduct.
Our One Team approach has established the following:
- A single point of contact through our Contract Manager, streamlining communication, managing issues and providing an approach to customer service aligned with that provided by Water Corp to their end users
- Response times, coordination of services and all communications, engagement and follow-up are managed from a single platform approach, overseen by the Programmed Contract Manager and facilitated by skilled Help Desk and Administration staff.
Programmed and Water Corporation have been able to maximise the lifetime value of complex assets and align them with overall business strategies, allowing for the following:
- Improved asset-related decision-making to inform budget forecasting and provide greater investment certainty
- Provide greater cost transparency across all asset and service activities
- Increase the return on assets
- Decrease costs and drive value to WaterCorp
- Increase productivity
- Lower the total cost of ownership
- Improve regulatory compliance
- Increase business responsiveness.
Upon successful rebid in 2011, our CMMS Maximo was introduced into the partnership. Maximo is the core of our Asset Management platform and provides a truly integrated end-to-end interfaced solution. The analysis of assets and reporting capabilities of Maximo enable Programmed to optimise the lifetime value of complex assets and align them with WaterCorp’s overall business strategies.
Programmed has dynamically re-engineered contract strategies, standards, processes, relationships, performance and behaviours so that service improvements, process changes and value-added savings are sustainable and continuous. We do this by carefully analysing asset data with current maintenance requirements to seek increased plant reliability and efficiency opportunities.
Recent innovations we have introduced to Water Corp include:
- Strategic Asset Management – Providing maintenance management and optimisation that build new insights and intelligence into planned and preventative maintenance, increasing efficiency and reducing costs.
- Robust supply chain – Leveraging our longstanding prequalified subcontractor relationships throughout the state to preserve reactive maintenance service delivery quality in all regional locations
- Data quality – Instilling a culture of data assurance and quality within the entire team to maintain WaterCorp’s position as an informed asset owner
- Reporting and Intelligence – Offering unrivalled transparency through new Power BI dashboards and supporting WaterCorp with detailed analysis.
- Asset Management
- Facility Management
- Integrated Services