Programmed is a leading provider of Staffing, Facility Management, Maintenance and Care services.
We employ over 30,000 people every year across a broad range of industries and partner with more than 10,000 customers, small and large.
We work in partnership with many of Australia and New Zealand’s leading businesses across major industries including Mining and Resources, Oil and Gas, Government and Defence, Education, Aviation, Health, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Transport and Logistics.
We provide the people, knowledge, expertise and support to help our customers and communities grow and succeed.
Founded in Victoria, Australia in 1951 and now owned by Japanese company PERSOL, we offer a truly regional strategy supported by local expertise and capability. We proudly support the largest branch network in the industry with over 100 locations across Australasia.
We put together teams of the right people with the right skills to deliver the operational and / or maintenance services required from our large employee base. We manage people effectively (safety, training, values, culture, payroll, awards, regulations, superannuation, diversity, apprenticeships, career development) in full compliance with the law and with high levels of employee engagement in an increasingly regulated environment, and we deliver operational improvements, flexibility and high levels of satisfaction to our customers.
- A managed skilled workforce including trades, truck drivers, plant operators, manufacturing, warehouse and logistics personnel
- A managed professional workforce including IT, engineering, sales and finance personnel
- Healthcare professionals and support staff into hospitals, community and residential aged care
- Home care support for the Disability and Aged Care communities
- Property maintenance including painting programmes, grounds upkeep, landscaping, specialist turf services, building repairs, corporate imaging and signage
- Facility management, maintenance and operational support services
- Electrical technologies including electrical, audio visual and data communications installation, repair and servicing
- Industrial maintenance, shutdowns and minor capital works
- A full suite of HR and recruitment services
- Traineeship and apprenticeship programs
To build outstanding people, strong customers, and great communities.
Our PERSOL Group vision
Work and Smile
Working life is a journey of growth and creation.
We all have big dreams, and there are many different paths to success. Thus, we need to make our own choices from a range of diversified work opportunities.
Our vision is to enrich society so that all work leads to lives of happiness.
Our commitment to safety
At Programmed, safety is at the forefront of everything we do. We live by the philosophy that all injuries are preventable.
Our people work hard to deliver Programmed’s purpose and commit to our values. Safety is embedded in our culture and we encourage our people to take an active role in visibly demonstrating safety leadership, regardless of their organisational position and location.
We’re supported by leading health, safety and environment systems which provide us with real-time data and analytics. These in turn help us become a safer, more reliable service provider.
Find out more about our HSE, Quality & Environmental policies.
We started as Norman Miles Paint Services in 1951, with just one paint van and a few tradesmen on the brushes.
Programmed now employs more than 30,000 people every year across a range of disciplines providing services to over 10,000 customers, and is one of the largest providers of operations and maintenance services across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve grown as a result of a number of acquisitions over the years, and each service offering we provide has a rich history which contributes to the overall Programmed journey. We’re proud of our roots and achievements to date.
From a small painting company founded 68 years ago, we have become a leader in our field. Programmed was acquired by PERSOL Group on 27 October 2017. To learn more, visit the PERSOL GROUP website.
It looks like you’re based in New Zealand. Would you like to visit the Programmed New Zealand site instead?