NSW Rail and John Holland next rail MTMS North T4 Project
Christmas was celebrated a little differently this year for the NSW Rail Team. Skilled Rail Services partnered with John Holland – Next Rail MTMS T4 Project to successfully deliver a five-day possession across two major sites – Central Station and Erskineville.
Programmed’s Safeworking team supported the project by managing rail Safeworking and track access components in a professional, safe and efficient manner.
Skilled Rail Services has been heavily involved in the preliminary planning for the close-down, completing tasks including:-
- Providing Safeworking SME representation at Coordination Meetings, finalisation meetings, weekly construction meetings, pre-possession meetings, possession protection team briefings and whiteboard meetings
- Attending site visits
- Preparation of preliminary Safeworking documentation including contingency plans ready for on-site final risk assessments and implementation, and
- Designing bespoke fatigue management solutions to manage 24/7 roster, including providing accommodation for 18 employees working night shifts
With 67 rail Safeworking employees deployed to site, delivering 233 shifts, in arguably the most complex locations across the Transport for NSW rail network, the team safely and successfully without any incidents or injuries executed:
- Over 35 pre-work briefings to groups of up to 50 employees
- Coordinated a 5km combined worksite which included a total of 9 tracks
- Coordinated 50 work train and hi-rail movements
- Placed and removed possession protection for 6 daily possession extensions
- Consulted with key stakeholders internal and external to the project to ensure key personnel were informed and understood key information pertaining to rail Safeworking
National Manager of Rail and Infrastructure, Joe Yayalo attended site to meet the delivery team and representatives from Transport for NSW.
“The NSW Rail team is proud to have been a key organisation in the delivery of the largest project in the Transport for NSW network on the WE26 closedown. From planning to delivery, the entire team provided track access safely and with a smile, (even in the rain!). We owe huge kudos to some key internal personnel for their tireless work leading into the closedown”Joe Yayalo, National Manager Rail and Infrastructure
The team gave special thanks to:
- Jasmine Elgammal for her tireless work on roster and competency management
- Rebecca for first-class delivery of possession coordination for WE26 and
- Gary Pipi for his highly detailed and professional Safeworking preliminary plans
NSW Rail also extended a special thanks to those employees who not only sacrificed time with their children, partners, extended families and friends over the Christmas break, but also endured challenging environmental conditions including excessive rain downpours and long days and nights.
The team cannot thank you enough for your commitment to safety and to the team.
Need people? Contact us today on 13 STAFF (13 78 23) to find out how we can support your business with a team of great people.