Brisbane Girl’s Grammar is one of Queensland’s most reputable institutions for young women, and have an excellent reputation in providing quality education so their students have the fundamental learnings to take beyond the classroom.
In 2020, Programmed Electrical Technologies were engaged to install and commission the AV, Power and Communications infrastructure for their new Science Learning Centre with Lendlease. It was important to us that we worked with them closely to execute the exact vision they had for their students.
The Learning Centre
The Science Learning Centre significantly increases the number of laboratories at Brisbane Girls Grammar while also offering recreational and multi-functional spaces to benefit all of our students and the broader School community. The building includes:
- Seven floors
- Multi-functional space for up to 250 people (seated, exam mode) or 600 (standing)
- Four Junior Science laboratories
- Four Chemistry teaching laboratories
- Four Biology teaching laboratories
- Four Physics teaching laboratories
- Five general learning classrooms
- Three science preparation labs
- Three meeting rooms
- A science staffroom
- Breakout zones for students on two levels
- A central void, allowing for cross-ventilation and natural light
- Outdoor plaza and covered recreation area for Health and Physical Education.
The building now forms the ‘East Wing’ of the school and was built over the top of the existing playing surface/courts. These spaces are now enclosed and maintained on the ground floor (level 1) for continued use for all weather outside events, HPE and general recreation by students.
Unique spaces such as this is where Programmed’s team love to work, and ultimately deliver to the expectations of our customers.
Visit our website or contact Graham Wands for further information on our design, installation and commissioning work for new and existing facilities.