In 2014 the University of Wollongong (UOW) undertook a student accommodation PPP project to increase student accommodation by 800 beds. With over 1,900 beds currently throughout their portfolio, the additional accommodation has been sought to fulfil UOW’s vision to excel at providing affordable and diverse student housing options.
Programmed Facility Management is the asset management partner for the successful Living+Learning Partners consortium and will provide asset management services for the next 39 years.
Programmed Facility Management had continual involvement in the design process for the five separate accommodation buildings, providing extensive knowledge and experience from the management of social housing contracts nationally, ensuring that whole of life design principles were able to achieve an optimal design while whole of life costs were able to be kept to a minimum.
Programmed Facility Management’s experience in incorporating new builds onto brownfield sites also assisted UOW through their process, providing advice on the impact of current site users such as the students, university staff and the local community. We also ensured the construction partners were aware of the level of communication required to ensure there would be no adverse effects on the university or community functions during the construction phase.
The scope of services being provided includes:
- Supply, maintenance and management of utilities (including electricity, gas, water, sewerage, drainage and trade waste)
- All maintenance activities including: Emergency maintenance, preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance and planned maintenance
- Capital works and refurbishment services
- Grounds maintenance and management
- External cleaning
- Waste removal
- Utility and environmental efficiency strategies and implementation
- Annual asset condition audits
- Provision of help desk services
- Asset Management
- Facility Management
- Integrated Services