Programmed was the primary supplier of accredited and highly trained rail employees to one of Australia’s largest iron ore producers between 2004 and 2010. We achieved a 100% fill-rate on all orders. With a peak labour workforce of 130 drivers we maintained a high driver retention rate of 85%.
As part of an overall operational and labour review, Programmed was asked to help transition all existing labour hire employees to permanent, full-time positions in the first half of 2010.
To support our customer’s growth plans to achieve a production increase of about 350 million tonnes per annum over the following 2-3 years, a new labour supply contract and strategic alliance was planned and executed.
Recruitment is managed by Programmed’s Rail Resource Centre in Perth, with the workforce recruited from across Australia on a Fly-In Fly-Out (FIFO), two weeks on, two weeks off roster.
The Rail Resource Centre is responsible for:
- Recruitment, interviews and induction
- Conducting medical and ongoing health assessments
- Coordination of FIFO and accommodation arrangements
- Management of employee safety and general well-being
- Delivery of any training as required or requested through our specialised RTO training unit located in Perth
Programmed achieved a 100% fill rate on all orders received with a peak labour workforce of 130 drivers. Driver retention was at a rolling monthly average of 85% with average tenure of 20 months.
- Managed Skilled Workforce
- Programmed Staffing Services